Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- DescriptionIt is more than one hundred years in the future and the horrors of factory farming, combined with the widespread abuse of antibiotics, have led to mass extinctions. The majority of all mammals, birds, and fish that humans have eaten for millennia longer exist. Add to that an ever-widening gap between rich and poor and an overtaxed healthcare system. Those t fully capable--the handicapped, those with birth defects and congenital illness--are deemed undeserving of an equal share of scarce medical resources and are ultimately classified as less than human. As paraia about our food supplies spreads, a forceful new logic takes hold; in the blink of a millennial eye the disenfranchised have become our food. Don LePan's powerful and compelling vel shows us a world at once eerily foreign and disturbingly familiar. It follows the Stinsons--Carrie, Zayne, and their daughter Naomi--and the dramatic events that unfold within their family after they take in an abandoned mongrel boy. In the sharp-edged poignancy of the ethical questions it poses, in the striking narrative techniques it employs, and above all in the remarkable power of the story it tells, Animals proves itself a transformative work of fiction.
- Author(s)Don LePan
- Date of Publication17/06/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShoemaker & Hoard, Div of Avalon Publishing Group Inc
- Weight181 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.