All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $60.83
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.62
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- DescriptionA long-awaited debut collection of stories from an author who's mystified by what moves the human heart, Animals in Peril explores our relationships with animals, other people, and ourselves. Representing the furry, the feathered, the four-legged and the winged, the cast of Animals in Peril includes a cororay thrombotic shih tzu from Chicago, a junko that flies into a skyscraper, a decapitated skunk in Ohio, and a runaway roan, depicted in black-and-white watercolor images by the author. At times humorous, melancholic, and self-reflective, these Midwestern stories examine the love we extend to our pets, how we project human complexities upon animal behavior, and how little we actually kw about the 1.5 million species of animals with whom we share this planet.
- Author BiographyRyan Kenealy currently lives in Chicago with his wife and cat. He began his career sellingnovelty items at a flea market on a dirty street near Cleveland Hopkins Airport and has sinceworked for the circus in Chicago and sold pot roast in Japan. These stories originally appeared in Open City, Another Chicago Magazine, & Bridge, among others. This is his first book.
- Author(s)Ryan Kenealy
- PublisherCurbside Splendor Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCurbside Splendor Publishing
- Weight204 g
- Width124 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.