All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the greatest attractions of a trip to Kenya is the chance to see animals such as lions, cheetah, leopards, zebra, and giraffe up close and in their natural habitats. Animals of the Masai Mara is a lavish photographic guide that explores the charismatic wildlife most likely to be encountered by a safari visitor to the Masai Mara National Reserve in southwest Kenya. More than 140 stunning photographs showcase 65 mammals and 17 reptile species, including 6 snakes. Designed to be informative and locally accurate, rather than purely identification-based, this easy-to-use book pays particular attention to wildlife behavior and is written from the firsthand experiences of the authors and the kwledge of local safari guides. Numerous Top Tips throughout show readers how and where to locate specific species. The only field guide to focus solely on the wildlife of the Masai Mara National Reserve, Animals of the Masai Mara will be indispensable to visitors to this famous park and all nature enthusiasts with an interest in this area of the world. * The only photographic guide specific to the animals of the Masai Mara National Reserve * More than 140 remarkable photographs covering 65 mammals and 17 reptile species, including 6 snakes * Accessible text explores animal behavior and other interesting facts * A brief and informative introduction to the habitats of the Masai Mara
- Author BiographySince 2008, Adam Scott Kennedy and Vicki Kennedy have managed remote luxury safari camps in Tanzania and Kenya and now operate as private safari guides, specializing in photographic and wildlife safaris. Information on their tours and stock image library can be found at http://www.rawnaturephoto.com. Adam Scott Kennedy is the author of Birds of the Masai Mara (Princeton).
- Author(s)Adam Scott Kennedy,Vicki Kennedy
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication05/10/2012
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleWildguides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note140+ color photos.
- Weight342 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.