All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do we mean by the term animation when we are discussing film? Is it a technique? A style? A way of seeing or experiencing a world that has little relation to our own lived experience of the world ? In Animated Worlds, contributors reveal the astonishing variety of worlds animation confronts us with. Essays range from close film analyses to phemelogical and cognitive approaches, spectatorship, performance, literary theory, and digital aesthetics. Authors include Vivian Sobchack, Richard Weihe, Thomas Lamarre, Paul Wells, and Karin Wehn.
- Author BiographySuzanne Buchan is Reader in Animation Studies, and head of the Animation Research Centre at the Faculty of Arts & Media, Surrey Institute of Art & Design, University College, United Kingdom.
- PublisherJohn Libbey & Co
- Date of Publication01/06/2005
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationEastleigh
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintJohn Libbey & Co Ltd
- Content Note50 b&w illus.
- Weight527 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited bySuzanne Buchan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.