All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJapanese animation has been given fulsome academic commentary in recent years. However, there is arguably a need for a more philosophically consistent and theoretically integrated engagement. While this book covers the key thinkers of contemporary aesthetic theory, it aims to reground reflection on anime within the aesthetics of R.G. Collingwood.
- Author BiographyAlistair Swale is Senior Lecturer in the School of Arts at the University of Waikato, New Zealand. Following on from his earlier research in Japanese intellectual history, which culminated in the book The Meiji Restoration: Monarchism, Mass Communication and Conservative Revolution (2009), he has been exploring the role of contemporary popular culture texts in negotiating historical memory and nostalgia. In addition to the current work, he has more recently been working on aspects of interactive media and digital culture.
- Author(s)Alistair D. Swale
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication10/08/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight353 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.27
- AU $10.97Trending at AU $14.49
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.84
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.26
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.86
- AU $43.43Trending at AU $48.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.