All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $102.00Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionThe first and highly personal perspective into the work and processes of Ann Demeulemeester, one of the most influential and inspiring fashion designers of our time. Graduating from Antwerp's Royal Academy of Fine Arts in 1981, Ann Demeulemeester (and her contemporaries in the Antwerp Six) transformed global fashion with an aggressive restatement of traditional fashion design and a polemical approach to luxury trends. Influenced by punk, she founded her label in 1985 and imbues her designs with a strong narrative and rebellious spirit. For Demeulemeester, fashion is a form of communication. Her complex language of contrasts covers a whole gamut of emotions. The tension is highly poetic, and her clothes reveal many layers of soul. Kwn for her elegant tailoring and dark yet glamorous aesthetic, she created a serene and darkly romantic world with an intriguing mix of edgy rebellion and sophistication. This book is a tribute to Demeulemeester's historical career, with over 1,000 photographs approximating some of the mystery and detailing associated with her brand.
- Author BiographyAnn Demeulemeester was born in Waregem, Belgium, in 1959 and graduated from the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Antwerp. She and her husband Patrick Robyn established her label in 1985. Patti Smith is an American singer-songwriter, poet, and visual artist.
- Author(s)Ann Demulemeester
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication14/10/2014
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2948 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine79 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.