All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA beautiful, passionate Russian woman escapes the restrictions and boredom of her marriage through a love affair with a charming soldier.
- Author Biography<b>The Modern Library</b> has played a significant role in American cultural life for the better part of a century. The series was founded in 1917 by the publishers Boni and Liveright and eight years later acquired by Bennett Cerf and Donald Klopfer. It provided the foundation for their next publishing venture, Random House. The Modern Library has been a staple of the American book trade, providing readers with affordable hardbound editions of important works of literature and thought. For the Modern Library's seventy-fifth anniversary, Random House redesigned the series, restoring as its emblem the running torch-bearer created by Lucian Bernhard in 1925 and refurbishing jackets, bindings, and type, as well as inaugurating a new program of selecting titles. The Modern Library continues to provide the world's best books, at the best prices.
- PrizesRunner-up for The BBC Big Read Top 100 2003. Shortlisted for BBC Big Read Top 100 2003.
- Author(s)Leo Tolstoy
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication23/11/2000
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleModern Library
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight680 g
- Width133 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.40Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $31.78
- AU $12.21Trending at AU $16.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.