All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionThe complete historical works of the greatest chronicler of the Roman Empire in a wholly revised and updated translation. A brilliant narrator and a master stylist, Tacitus served as administrator and senator, a career that gave him an intimate view of the empire at its highest levels, and of the dramatic, violent, and often bloody events of the first century. In the <i>Annals, </i>he writes about Augustus Caesar s death and observes the inner workings of the courts of the emperors Tiberius and Nero. In the <i>Histories, </i>he describes an empire in tumult, four emperors reigning in one year, each overthrown by the next. The <i>Agricola, </i>a biography of Tacitus s father-in-law, Julius Agricola the most celebrated goverr of Roman Britain is the first detailed account of the island that would eventually rule over a quarter of the earth. And in the <i>Germania, </i>the famed warrior-barbarians of ancient Germany come richly to life.
- Author Biography<b>Cornelius Tacitus </b>was born c. 55 A.D. and died in 117 A.D. <b>Eleanor Cowan </b>is Lecturer in Ancient History at Leicester University. <b>Robin Lane Fox </b>is Fellow and Tutor in Ancient History at New College, Oxford.
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitleEveryman's Library Classics & Contemporary Classics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight925 g
- Width131 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Translated byAlfred Church,William Brodribb
- Introduction byRobin Lane Fox
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.