All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
About this product
- DescriptionAnne Carson's works re-think genre in some of the most unusual and nuanced ways that few writers ever attempt, from her lyric essays, enigmatic poems, and vels in verse to further forays into video and comics and collaborative performance. Carson's pathbreaking translations of Ancient Greek poetry and drama, as well as her scholarship on everything from Sappho to Celan, only continue to demonstrate the unique vision she has for what's possible for a work of literature to become. Anne Carson: Ecstatic Lyre is the first book of essays dedicated to the breadth of Anne Carson's works, individually, spanning from Eros The Bittersweet through Red Doc. With contributions from Kazim Ali, Dan Beachy-Quick, Julie Carr, Harmony Holiday, Cole Swensen, Eleni Sikelias, and many others (including translators, poets, essayists, scholars, velists, critics, and collaborators themselves), we learn from Carson's greatest admirers and closest readers about the books thatmoved and inspired them.
- Author BiographyJoshua Marie Wilkinson is the author of several books of poetry, and he has edited five anthologies of poetry, essays, and conversation. He lives in Tucson, where he runs a journal called The Volta and directs a small press called Letter Machine Editions. He is an assistant professor at the University of Arizona, USA.
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication28/01/2015
- Series TitleUnder Discussion
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Content Note2 images
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byJoshua Marie Wilkinson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.