Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe objectives of this book are to give technical information about adic pro- tection, explain how ecomic analyses are made to determine whether or t it should be used, and describe some of the applications and equipment. Lim- itations of the technique will be pointed out. Techlogical changes that have resulted in higher temperatures, pres- sures, and velocities increase corrosion rates and markedly influence materials selection and design decisions. Continuous cycle systems impose increased demands on system reliability. New processes require more sophisticated equipment made of costlier metals which are often in short supply and subject to the vagaries of international commerce. The impact of continuing inflation influences decisions related to capital expenditures and maintenance costs. Some problems caused by these considerations can be solved, or solutions simplified, by the use of adic protection. Technical and scientific information is presented on applications to industrial equipment, ecomics, design and installation, operation and maintenance, electrochemical principles, laboratory tests and procedures. A historical summary, patent list, glossary of terms, and a subject index are included. It is important to ackwledge that much of the information has been from the original work of others, including the publications of many friends.
- Author(s)Olen Riggs
- Date of Publication22/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight468 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.