All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn amaly is the failure of classical symmetry to survive the process of quantization and regularization. The study of amalies is the key to a deeper understanding of quantum field theory and has played an increasingly important role in the theory over the past 20 years. This text presents all the different aspects of the study of amalies in an accessible and self-contained way. Much emphasis is w being placed on the formulation of the theory using the mathematical ideas of differential geometry and topology. This approach is followed here, and the derivations and calculations are given explicitly as an aid to students. Topics discussed include the relevant ideas from differential geometry and topology and the application of these paths (path integrals, differential forms, homotopy operators, etc.) to the study of amalies. Chapters are devoted to abelian and nabelian amalies, consistent and covariant amalies, and gravitational amalies. The comprehensive overview of the theory presented in this book will be useful to both students and researchers.
- Author BiographyDr R.A. Bertlmann, Professor of Physics, Institute of Theoretical Physics, University of Vienna, Austria.
- Author(s)Reinhold Bertlmann
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication02/11/2000
- Series TitleInternational Series of Monographs on Physics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.91
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintClarendon Press
- Content Note81 line figures
- Weight837 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.