All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionArexia nervosa is a condition in which sufferers diet continually and starve themselves. They may also use laxatives, vomiting or exercise excessively in order to control weight. Arexia usually occurs in young women, starting in their teens, and it is estimated that about 2 per cent of all young women suffer from it. Bulimia is an eating disorder which is also on the rise among young people. They use the binge/purge cycle to extreme in their attempts to control their weight. This is a comprehensive, positive and practical guide to detecting the early signs of eating disorders and then curing them. Written with years of experience and expertise, it encourages parents to understand the illness, overcome their fears and take control of the situation, whether that means enforcing a strict meal plan or taking the decision to seek professional help. The book includes early signs to look out for; the possible effects of the illness, both physical and psychological; the treatments available and, most importantly, the plan, which helps parents to take positive action and really make a difference to their child's life.
- Author BiographyDr Dee Dawson is director of Rhodes Farm, a clinic which cares for children with severe eating disorders. She is considered a leading expert in her field and is often quoted by the national media on this subject. Rhodes Farm was also the subject of a TV documentary.
- Author(s)Dee Dawson
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication04/10/2001
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight209 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.