All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIn politically dangerous and stiflingly corporate times for book publishing, twenty-eight writers have come together to form Ather America, an anthology of fiction, nfiction, poetry, and dramatic writings. Ather America celebrates the emergence of an alternative publishing form: a liberating free press kwn as Print-on-Demand. The writing is defiant, energetic, and liberated - a fitting herald of this radical new process through which a single book can be printed nearly as inexpensively per copy as can tens of thousands. As the Foreword argues, Print-on-Demand is a breakthrough for ?contrary opinions, original storytelling, and new voices in general, ? through which writers, literary editors, and readers alike will be released from the strangulation grip of the bottom line. Acclaimed writers Harold Pinter, Donald Freed, A.J. Langguth, Shelley Berman, James Ragan, and Leon Katz join in this celebration, casting their prodigious talent against a collage of emerging writers whose work reflects a complex and sensitive American vision. But whether the writer is our generation?s greatest playwright or a talented reader only recently turned author, the outcome is a broadside against the dominant American rhetoric of Patriot Act, mass consent, and empire. This anthology proposes a nuanced, alternate manner of expression for a highly flammable yet potentially beautiful new era - Ather America in two hundred and eighteen pages, proposed, bound, presented, and printed on demand.
- PublisherAnother America
- Date of Publication01/11/2003
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnother America
- Weight245 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byDonald Freed,Michael C Gardner,Scott R Chamberlin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.