All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionAther country, South Africa: New portraits is based on South Africans' views on the country and personal history; it gives an unvarnished account of what has changed personally and generally in the country through the lens of existing photographs. A follow-up to Reiner Leist's South Africa: Blue portraits, which was published in 1993 on the eve of the first democratic elections, Ather country includes black and white portraits which are followed by new colour portraits of the participants, but also of surviving sons or daughters, a grandson, a new bearer of the office or the same site. The images are accompanied by edited versions of the conversations, which provide visual and verbal stories of humanity and the South African landscape.
- Author BiographyReiner Leist is a photographer who has had numerous exhibitions in Germany, Japan, and the United States. He is the author of Eleven Septembers and South Africa: Blue Portraits. He currently teaches at Hunter College, City University of New York. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Reiner Leist
- PublisherJacana Media (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication10/06/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintJacana Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight1673 g
- Width235 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.