Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionA beautifully written vel with great emotional appeal, set in Cornwall and Canada. Marine historian Mark Hannah finds a hauntingly beautiful figurehead in Newfoundland. He traces her ship, The Lady Isabella, back to a small port in Cornwall where he meets Gabrielle Ellis, the woman who is going to restore her to her former glory. Together they begin to trace jigsaw pieces of the lives of the carver, Tom Welland and the real Lady Isabella. Gabrielle becomes increasingly haunted by Isabella's lost life. As Gabrielle's own life becomes inextricably involved with Mark's, her story runs parallel with the lives of Isabella, her husband Richard and Tom Welland, the carver. Two women, living more than a hundreds years apart yet against the same wild backdrop of sea and landscape, make a rash bid for freedom to live ather life. But for both of them, that choice means a loss which will greatly affect the next generation.
- Author BiographySara Macdonald has written all her life. She has been an army wife, living all over the world, and now lives in Cornwall. This is her second novel.
- Author(s)Sara MacDonald
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication19/06/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Weight305 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.