All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat if the Second Coming didn't quite come off as advertised? What if the Corpse on display in that funky roadside zoo is really who they say it is--what does that portent for the future of western civilization? And what if a young clairvoyant named Amanda reestablishes the flea circus as popular entertainment and fertility worship as the principal religious form of our high-tech age? Ather Roadside Attraction answers those questions and a lot more. It tells us, for example, what the sixties were truly all about, t by reporting on the psychedelic decade but by recreating it, from the inside out. In the process, this stunningly original seriocomic thriller eating a literary hotdog and eroding the borders of the mind. Written with a style and humor that haven't been seen since Mark Twain . . . it is a prize. -- Los Angeles Times.
- Author BiographyTom Robbins has been called a vital natural resource by The Oregonian, one of the wildest and most entertaining novelists in the world by the Financial Times of London, and the most dangerous writer in the world today by Fernanda Pivano of Italy's Corriere della Sera. A Southerner by birth, Robbins has lived in and around Seattle since 1962.
- Author(s)Tom Robbins
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/1990
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group
- Weight274 g
- Width135 mm
- Height207 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.