All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.74Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $19.75Trending at AU $20.72
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.23
About this product
- Description<b>The powerful story of an unlikely friendship and a doctor s re-education on the battlefields of the Vietnam War</b>Fresh out of medical school and planning to enter academia, David pragmatically applies to serve in the US Army, thinking he would rather work in a stateside military hospital than get drafted. But when he gets reassigned to Southeast Asia, he suddenly finds himself on a base in Vietnam. He joins a civilian aid mission on a supposedly secure plateau, and spends his days dispensing pills to villagers. As David comes to terms with the unexpected factors that brought him to Vietnam, he must adjust to many more twists and turns among them his relationship with his driver, Tom, a young, rough-hewn Southerner whose reticence feels unnervingly like indifference.Gradually, however, David sees that there s far more to Tom than he initially thought. As their friendship grows, David also realizes that his fellow doctors and the troops on base hold widely diverging opinions about the war and its objectives. As it becomes clear that their base is located on a key strategic route the torious Ho Chi Minh Trail and thus a vulnerable target, it s only a matter of time before battles break out . . .
- Author BiographyRonald J. Glasser, MD, is the bestselling and National Book Award nominated author of <i>365 Days</i>, an account of his experiences as an army doctor during the Vietnam War. Dr. Glasser has written several investigations of trauma in modern warfare, including <i>Broken Bodies</i>, <i> Shattered Minds</i>, and<i> Wounded: Vietnam/Iraq</i>, as well as the general medical studies <i>The Light in the Skull </i>and <i>The Body Is the Hero</i>. He is also the author of the novels <i>Another War, Another Peace </i>and <i>Ward 402</i>.
- Author(s)Ronald Glasser
- PublisherOpen Road Media
- Date of Publication21/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Road Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.