Ansel Adams in Color by John P. Schaefer, Ansel Adams, Andrea Gray Stillman (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $50.39+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $42.94
- AU $19.58Trending at AU $22.53
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.11
- AU $43.32Trending at AU $48.72
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.61
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.85
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $24.99
About this product
- DescriptionAdams began to photograph in colour in the mid-1930s. He did significant personal or 'creative' photography in colour and his distinctive visualisation of a scene and technical mastery is immediately evident in these photographs. Overall, he made nearly 3,500 colour images, but only a small fraction have ever been published. Adams thought seriously about publishing his colour images but the task was t accomplished during his lifetime. The Ansel Adams Publishing Rights Trust - with advice and counsel from John Szarkowski, former Director of Photography at New York's Museum of Modern Art; David Travis, Curator of Photographs at the Art Institute of Chicago and James Enyeart, former Director of the International Museum of Photography at George Eastman House--asked the distinguished master photographer Harry Callahan to select the best of Adams' colour work for publication in this book.
- Author BiographyIn a career that spanned six decades, Ansel Adams was America's foremost landscape photographer and one of its most ardent environmentalists. Andrea Stillman worked with him in the 1970s and has edited several books of his photos and writings. John Schaefer was a student and close friend of Ansel Adams and is a Trustee of The Adams Publishing Rights Trust.
- Author(s)Andrea Gray Stillman,Ansel Adams,John P. Schaefer
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication05/11/2009
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown & Company
- Content NoteIntegrated: 74, full colour photos
- Weight1000 g
- Width212 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementRevised and expanded ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.