All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionSt Anselm of Canterbury (1033-1109) was one of the greatest Christian writers of medieval Europe. Although best kwn as the inventor of the famous 'ontological argument' for God's existence, his writings cover all the chief aspects of Christian doctrine and have been a major influence on western theology. Equal to Anselm's theology are his spiritual writings, which are alive with an understanding of the gentleness and mercy of a God who comes to meet humanity in its suffering and striving. In this exceptional and authoritative study, Dr. Evans explores the full range of Anselm's work, expertly placing both the theology and the devotional writings in context for the modern reader.
- Author BiographyG. R. Evans is Lecturer in History at the University of Cambridge. She is author of Anselm and Taking About God, The Logic and Language of the Bible and the Anselm Concordance.
- Author(s)G. R. Evans
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/03/2005
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleOutstanding Christian Thinkers
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight153 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.