All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAnthology for Music in the Baroque, part of the Western Music in Context series, is the ideal companion to Music in the Baroque. Twenty-six carefully chosen works-including a lute song by John Dowland, a cantata by Barbara Strozzi, and selections from J. S. Bach's Art of Fugue-offer representative examples of genres and composers of the period. Commentaries following each score present a careful analysis of the music, and online links to purchase and download recordings make listening easier than ever.
- Author BiographyWendy Heller is Professor of Music and Director of the Program in Italian Studies at Princeton University. She is the author of Emblems of Eloquence: Opera and Women's Voices in Seventeenth-Century Venice and articles published in the Journal of the American Musicological Society, Early Music, and Music & Letters. Heller's writings have received awards from the American Musicological Society and the Society for the Study of Early Modern Women, and she has received grants from the National Endowment for the Humanities and the American Council of Learned Societies. Walter Frisch is H. Harold Gumm/Harry and Albert von Tilzer Professor of Music at Columbia University. He is the author of numerous books and articles, including Brahms: The Four Symphonies, The Early Works of Arnold Schoenberg 1903-1908, and German Modernism: Music and the Arts. He is the recipient of two ASCAP-Deems Taylor Awards and fellowships from the National Endowment for the Humanities, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, and the Center for Scholars and Writers at the New York Public Library.
- Author(s)Wendy Heller
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication29/10/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Noteprinted music items
- Weight480 g
- Width180 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Series Edited byWalter Frisch
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.