All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionAnthropology of Religion: The Basics is an accessible and engaging introductory text organized around key issues that all anthropologists of religion face. This book uses a wide range of historical and ethgraphic examples to address t only what is studied by anthropologists of religion, but how such studies are approached. It addresses questions such as: * How do human agents interact with gods and spirits? * What is the nature of doing religious ethgraphy? * Can the immaterial be embodied in the body, language and material objects? * What is the role of ritual, time, and place in religion? * Why is charisma important for religious movements? * How do global processes interact with religions? With international case studies from a range of religious traditions, suggestions for further reading, and inventive reflection boxes, Anthropology of Religion: The Basics is an essential read for students approaching the subject for the first time.
- Author BiographyJames S. Bielo is Assistant Professor in the Department of Anthropology at Miami University, Ohio, USA.
- Author(s)James S. Bielo
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/03/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe Basics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight294 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.