All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $22.39Free postage
- AU $22.23Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionNietzsche, the philosopher seemingly opposed to everyone, has met with remarkably little opposition himself. He remains what he wanted to be-- the limit-philosopher of a modernity that never ends. In this provocative, sometimes disturbing book, Bull argues that merely to reject Nietzsche is t to escape his lure. He seduces by appealing to our desire for victory, our creativity, our humanity. Only by 'reading like a loser' and failing to live up to his ideals can we move beyond Nietzsche to a still more radical revaluation of all values--a subhumanism that expands the boundaries of society until we are left with less than thing in common. Anti-Nietzsche is a subtle and subversive engagement with Nietzsche and his twentieth-century interpreters--Heidegger, Vattimo, Nancy, and Agamben. Written with ecomy and clarity, it shows how a politics of failure might change what it means to be human.
- Author BiographyMalcolm Bull is a theorist and art historian who teaches at Oxford. His books include Seeing Things Hidden, The Mirror of the Gods, and Anti-Nietzsche. He is on the editorial board of New Left Review and writes for the London Review of Books.
- Author(s)Malcolm Bull
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication25/03/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Content Notefigures
- Weight268 g
- Width141 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.