All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRunner up in the British Society of Crimilogy Book Prize 2010 What is anti-social behaviour? Can it be dealt with effectively? Is the problem exaggerated? From the Daily Mail's claim of Britain being named 'Yob Capital of Europe', to the headline in The Times of 'Tearaway given ASBO at 10', the subject of anti-social behaviour has been given a huge amount of political, social, media, public policy and academic interest in recent years. Using lively case studies and examples, Andrew Millie introduces the concept of anti-social behaviour (ASB) and examines its implications for society in the 21st century. The chapters explore: The origins of the term Different causes and types of ASB Theoretical framewords for ASB and ASB control How the UK deals with ASB compared to other countries The rise of the ASBO Alternative enforcement options Methods of prevention The future for ASBAnti-Social Behaviour is fascinating reading for all Crimilogy, Sociology and Social Policy students.
- Author BiographyAndrew Millie is Lecturer in Criminology and Social Policy at Loughborough University, UK.
- Author(s)Andrew Millie
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Criminology
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Weight407 g
- Width60 mm
- Height90 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.