AntiPatterns: Refactoring Software, Architectures, and Projects in Crisis by Hays W. Skip McCormick, Raphael C. Malveau, Thomas J. Mowbray, William J. Brown (Paperback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe AntiPatterns authors have clearly been there and done that when it comes to managing software development efforts. I resonated with one insight after ather, having witnessed too many wayward projects myself. The experience in this book is palpable. -John Vlissides, IBM Research This book allows managers, architects, and developers to learn from the painful mistakes of others. The high-level AntiPatterns on software architecture are a particularly valuable contribution to software engineering. Highly recommended! -Kyle Brown Author of The Design Patterns Smalltalk Companion AntiPatterns continues the trend started in Design Patterns. The authors have discovered and named common problem situations resulting from poor management or architecture control, mistakes which most experienced practitioners will recognize. Should you find yourself with one of the AntiPatterns, they even provide some clues on how to get yourself out of the situation. -Gerard Meszaros, Chief Architect, Object Systems Group Are you headed into the software development mine field? Follow someone if you can, but if you're on your own-better get the map! AntiPatterns is the map. This book helps you navigate through today's dangerous software development projects. Just look at the statistics: Nearly one-third of all software projects are cancelled. Two-thirds of all software projects encounter cost overruns in excess of 200%. Over 80% of all software projects are deemed failures. While patterns help you to identify and implement procedures, designs, and codes that work, AntiPatterns do the exact opposite; they let you zero-in on the development detonators, architectural tripwires, and personality booby traps that can spell doom for your project. Written by an all-star team of object-oriented systems developers, AntiPatterns identifies 40 of the most common AntiPatterns in the areas of software development, architecture, and project management. The authors then show you how to detect and defuse AntiPatterns as well as supply refactored solutions for each AntiPattern presented.
- Author BiographyWILLIAM J. BROWN is an independent consultant with extensive experience in large-scale software development project management. RAPHAEL C. MALVEAU is Chief Scientist at Eidea Labs and specializes in building CORBA applications using design patterns. HAYSW. SKIP McCORMICK III is a lead engineer at Mitre Corporation, focusing on object-oriented systems development and legacy systems integration. THOMAS J. MOWBRAY is the architect of one of the first CORBA-based applications systems. He is the Principal Scientist at Blueprint Technologies Corporation and an architecture columnist for Object Magazine.
- Author(s)Hays W. Skip McCormick,Raphael C. Malveau,Thomas J. Mowbray,William J. Brown
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/04/1998
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.98
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.