All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an up-to-date practical guide to the treatment of both common and unusual bacterial, fungal, and protozoal skin infections. Antibiotics and other treatment options for common skin diseases such as acne, rosacea, erysipelas, and impetigo are extensively discussed, and a thorough update is provided on therapies for fungal infections in the nails, hair, and skin. Current treatments for skin symptoms associated with sexually transmitted diseases are also explored in detail. A range of mycobacterial infections are discussed, and a further chapter considers the treatment of protozoal infections, including leishmaniasis, which are often unfamiliar to practitioners in the Western world. This handy book, with its helpful graphics and clear lists of symptoms, treatments, and practical tips, will be an ideal quick reference for the busy practitioner.
- Author BiographyJon Hjaltalin Olafsson, MD, PhD, gained his medical degree from the University of Iceland in 1976 and became a licensed specialist in dermato-venereology in 1982. In 1985 he was awarded his doctorate by the University of Goteborg, Sweden for a thesis entitled Systemic Mastocytosis in Adults , which was published as a supplement in Acta Dermato-Venereologica. Since 1987 Dr. Olafsson has been an Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Dermatology and Venereology at the University of Iceland. He served as a board member of The Nordic Society of Dermato-Venereology from 1989 to 2008 and of the European Academy of Dermatology-Venereology from 1997 to 2005. Dr. Olafsson was also a member of the Dermatology board of the Union Europeenne des Medecins Specialistes between 2001 and 2009. He has published widely, with more than 70 articles in national and international peer-reviewed journals. Roderick James Hay, BA, BM BCh, MRCP, DM, MA, MRCPath, FRCP, FRCPath, FMed Sci, is Professor of Cutaneous Infection at Kings College London and Consultant Dermatologist at Kings College NHS Trust. He is also Honorary Professor at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and Emeritus Professor at Queens University Belfast. Dr. Hay is Chairman of The International Foundation for Dermatology, of which he has been a member of the Board of Directors since 1997. He is also Chair (for Dermatology) of the Global Burden of Disease Project and is a past President of the British Association of Dermatologists, the British Society for Medical Mycology, and the European Confederation of Medical Mycology. He is past Editor of Clinical and Experimental Dermatology and has been Section Editor for the Journal of Infection (Mycology) and Acta Dermatovenereologica (Infection). Dr. Hay is the recipient of many awards and honors.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication04/10/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 100 colour illustrations, 60 colour tables, biography
- Weight733 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byJon Hjaltalin Olafsson,Roderick James Hay
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.