All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.20
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionDr David Servan-Schreiber was first confronted with cancer when he was working as a medical resident. Already a recognised pioneer in neuroscience, by his own admission he had all the arrogant and immortal confidence of a 30-year-old overachiever. Then he discovered he had cancer of the brain, and his life changed forever. He went on to research alternative medicine, founding and directing the Center of Integrative Medicine at the highly conservative University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. This book is the culmination of his experience in the field of cancer, as a doctor and as a patient. It is his personal story; the story of the cases he has come across; and the medical and scientific story of the disease and its mechanisms. He looks, in particular, at the relation between a body and its cancer; at the immune system; and at the roles played by environmental toxins, nutrition, emotions, and physical activity in containing cancer. He does t dismiss conventional medicine, r is he anti-pharmaceutical: he empowers the reader with the understanding and the tools to tackle cancer alongside conventional treatments - or, better yet, to help avoid cancer altogether.
- Author BiographyDavid Servan-Schreiber is the author of The Instinct to Heal.
- Author(s)David Servan-Schreiber
- PublisherScribe Publications
- Date of Publication27/09/2010
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationCarlton North
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintScribe Publications
- Content Note16pp colour liftout
- Weight405 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.