All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $33.00
About this product
- DescriptionSeveral antiepileptic drugs (AEDs) w have regulatory indications for treating bipolar disorder. There is growing evidence that AEDs in general have a variety of useful psychotropic effects. Antiepileptic Drugs to Treat Psychiatric Disorders is the first comprehensive, clinically oriented reference on the use of AEDs to treat a variety of psychiatric conditions such as mood, psychotic, anxiety, substance use, eating, and personality disorders. Written by the leading clinical experts, the book is organized by psychiatric disorder for easier information gathering, enabling physicians to use the text as a standalone reference.
- Author BiographySUSAN L. MCELROY is Chief Research Officer, Lindner Center of HOPE, Mason, Ohio, USA and professor of psychiatry and neuroscience, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. Dr. McElroy received her M.D. from Cornell University Medical College, New York, New York, USA. She has been in the list of The Best Doctors in America since 1994 and has won the Gerald L. Klerman Young Investigator Award from the National Depressive and Manic Depressive Association. Dr. McElroy's main areas of study include the phenomenology and treatment of bipolar disorder, impulse control disorders, and eating disorders. The relationship among these disorders and their relationship to obesity is also an important area of Dr. McElroy's research. Dr. McElroy serves on the editorial boards of 3 journals, has published more than 350 scientific papers, and is the editor of four scientific books. She is among the top 10 most cited scientists in the world published in the fields of psychiatry and psychology over the past decade. PAUL E. KECK, Jr. is President and CEO, Lindner Center of HOPE, Mason, Ohio, USA and professor of psychiatry, neuroscience, and pharmacology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. Dr. Keck achieved his M.D. from Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA. Dr. Keck's research concentrates on psychopharmacology and on the phenomenology and treatment of mood and psychotic disorders. Throughout his career, Dr. Keck has received numerous awards, including the Gerald L. Klerman Senior Investigator Award from the Depression and Bipolar Disorder Support Alliance (DBSA). He is the author of over 500 scientific papers and among the top 10 most cited scientists in the world published in the fields of psychiatry and psychology over the past decade. Dr. Keck is the editor or author of six scientific books and serves on the editorial boards of seven journals. He also serves on the American Psychiatric Association's Workgroup to Develop Practice Guidelines for Treatment of Patients with Bipolar Disorders. ROBERT M. POST heads the Bipolar Collaborative Network and is in private practice in Bethesda, Maryland, USA. Dr. Post received his M.D. from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. Dr. Post's research primarily focuses on gaining a better understanding of and treating patients with refractory unipolar and bipolar illness. Dr. Post's research group has won major research awards from the Society of Biological Psychiatry, APA, ACNP, Anna Monika Foundation, NARSAD, and NDMDA. Dr. Post serves on the editorial boards of more than ten journals and has published more than 900 scientific manuscripts.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication13/06/2008
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleMedical Psychiatry Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInforma Healthcare
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 35 black & white tables, 4 black & white halftones
- Weight703 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byPaul E. Keck,Robert M. Post,Susan L. McElroy
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.