All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the greatest, most moving of all tragedies, Antigone continues to have meaning for us because of its depiction of the struggle between individual conscience and state policy, and its delicate probing of the nature of human suffering. Mr. Rudall's splendid translation brings a new power and speakability to Sophocles' prose.
- Author BiographyThe Plays for Performance series is edited by Nicholas Rudall, former artistic director of the Court Theatre at the University of Chicago where he is professor of classics, and Bernard Sahlins, founder and director of the Second City. They both live in Chicago, Illinois.
- Author(s)Nicholas Rudall,Sophocles
- PublisherIvan R Dee, Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/1998
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitlePlays for Performance
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIvan R Dee, Inc
- Weight95 g
- Width142 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.