CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.39Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.43Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionArmageddon is arrived. Threatened by an unnatural plague that raises the dead, an ancient order of mystics must choose between keeping its secrets and saving humanity. Kind of like Star Wars with zombies. Editor's Review: Antioch is a great fantasy adventure vel with plenty of sword fighting and monsters (zombies), but the heart of the book is its characters, complex story and clean, imaginative prose. From the pious yet conflicted paladin Michael to the loudmouthed but lovable sailor Ditch, the characters in Antioch are multifaceted and unique. There are stereotypes within these pages, yet through the use of humor and seamless dialog, the characters are relatable and believable. This is a rarity in books even by many seasoned authors. The story begins with slaughter and mystery, then turns to small-town life under the shadow of fear as the citizens of Antioch prepare for Armageddon. Still, questions about the origin and nature of the plague remain and the eventual discovery of the answers is as exciting as the final showdown with death. My only complaint is that the story is left unfinished, and like everyone else who reads Antioch, I have to wait for the rest of the series to discover the final fate of my favorite characters and the answers to all my questions. The writing in Antioch is clear and precise. I can testify that the author agonized over every word, and it shows in the careful phrasing and brilliant imagery of the story. This, in my opinion, is the mark of a t just a great book, but a great writer. Highly recommended for any fantasy fan.
- Author BiographyI live in Houston, Texas with my wife, Carrie, and son, Adrian. I'm a cook and a butcher at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen. I like to write low fantasy. My stories are less about royalty and destiny and more about monsters, fighting and food.
- Author(s)William E Harlan
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.