Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the end of the Civil War until the explosive popularity of the cigarette in the early twentieth century. the cigar was king. For the pleasure and convience of cigar smokers a wide variety of smoking accessories were manufactured, including cigar cutters and lighters. The cutters range from simple vest pocket models to ingenious mechanical contraptions that would occupy a prominent place on the counter of the local tobacconist. In between are beautifully sculpted Vienna bronze and wooden desk models. In many cases these are combined with lighters, to offer the smoker full-service convenience. The lighters range from alcohol dips to electric devices. They are sometimes cast as stunning figures or are elegantly formed lamps, using blown glass or pierced tin. Beautiful color photographs document these wonderful objects, accompanied by concise, informative descriptions. The text places the cutters in their historical context and contains helpful information. A value guide is included.
- Author BiographyJerry Terranova has been collecting cigar cutters and lighters for decades, and this book is the culmination of his passion and expertise. Douglas Congdon-Martin has written numerous books about antiques and collectibles.
- Author(s)Douglas Congdon-Martin,Jerry Terranova
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication17/10/2002
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note613 color photos
- Weight1170 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.