All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- DescriptionWritten when he was only twenty-seven, Antwerp can be viewed as the Big Bang of Roberto Bola's fictional universe. This vel presents the genesis of Bola's enterprise in prose; all the elements are here, highly compressed, at the moment when his talent explodes. From this springboard-which Bola chose to publish in 2002, twenty years after he'd written it ( and even that I can't be certain of )-as if testing out a high dive, he would plunge into the unexplored depths of the modern vel. Voices speak from a dream, from a nightmare, from passersby, from an omniscient narrator, from Roberto Bola. Antwerp's fractured narration in fifty-four sections moves in multiple directions and cuts to the bone.
- Author BiographyAuthor of 2666 and many other acclaimed works, Roberto Bolano (1953-2003) was born in Santiago, Chile, and later lived in Mexico, Paris, and Spain. He has been acclaimed by far the most exciting writer to come from south of the Rio Grande in a long time (Ilan Stavans, The Los Angeles Times), and as the real thing and the rarest (Susan Sontag). Among his many prizes are the extremely prestigious Herralde de Novela Award and the Premio Romulo Gallegos. He was widely considered to be the greatest Latin American writer of his generation. He wrote nine novels, two story collections, and five books of poetry, before dying in July 2003 at the age of 50. Natasha Wimmer's translation of Roberto Bolano's 2666 won the National Book Award's Best Novel of the Year as well as the PEN Prize.
- Author(s)Roberto Bolano
- PublisherNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleNew Directions Pearls
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Weight90 g
- Width117 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byNatasha Wimmer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.