All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnxiety and depression are two of the most common complaints in therapy, and its t unusual for clients to suffer from both simultaneously. But spotting the co-occurrence is t easy. When one symptom picture dominates, diagsis and treatment are pretty straightforward. But consider how fuzzy the clinical picture can become: Depression can rob an anxious client of the energy needed to control her symptoms; acute anxiety can make anyone depressed and exhausted; and what happens when anxiety masquerades as depression, or vice versa? What are the signs that this is happening? It's hard eugh to treat these two disorders when they exist on their own, and it gets even harder when they present together. In her customary practical style and conversational tone, Margaret Wehrenberg unravels the complexity of this common comorbidity, teaching therapists exactly how to tackle it. Beginning with Where to Start? , she walks readers through a variety of common tricks for distinguishing between anxiety and depression, and provides an assessment plan for determining which set of symptoms the client is most ready to work on. The book goes on to highlight seven common types of comorbid clients, who can be arrayed on a spectrum, from the low energy (depressed) on one end to the high anxiety (anxious) on the other, and everything in between, including the hopeless ruminator, the quiet avoider, and the high-energy anxious and depressed client. By organizing the book around these typical client profiles, readers are given a more realistic picture of what comorbid anxiety and depression look like and how to best help their clients. Wondering where depression ends and anxiety begins, or vice versa, and how you can most effectively help your clients when they're struggling with both? The key clinical strategies offered in this book provide a practical roadmap forward, helping therapists and their clients to better understand the symptom picture, manage its effects, and heal.
- Author BiographyMargaret Wehrenberg, Psy.D., is a licensed psychologist in private practice, a popular public speaker, and international anxiety coach. She is the author of The Anxious Brain, The 10 Best-Ever Anxiety Management Techniques, and The 10 Best-Ever Depression Management Techniques. She lives in St. Charles, Missouri.
- Author(s)Margaret Wehrenberg
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication16/05/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight500 g
- Width150 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.