Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionEveryone feels a degree of anxiousness from time to time and most people are able to cope with those feelings. In some cases, anxiety can be a good thing, prompting action when needed, the famous fight or flight reaction. However, for some people anxiety can be too intense, becoming a bigger and bigger problem until it impacts upon daily life to such an extent something needs to be done. In order to overcome anxiety, one of the first things you must do is recognise that anxiety can manifest itself in many different ways. One persons experience of anxiety can be very different from the next. Written by a chartered clinical psychologist, this book aims to help the reader to understand what is causing their anxiety and how to break the pattern of behaviour contributing to anxious episodes. By giving the reader the information necessary to change their lives using psychological techniques to help formulate their problem, they can change their thoughts, emotions and behaviour to overcome the anxiety without taking drastic measures.
- Author BiographyDr Jennifer Ashcroft is a Consultant Clinical Psychologist and a Fellow of the British Psychological Society. She worked in the NHS for 16 years and has been involved in training other clinical psychologists for 25 years. She was programme director of the Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at Lancaster University for nine years, and has a special interest in teaching on anxiety disorders. In terms of her clinical practice she has worked with clients with a wide range of psychological problems, which include fears and phobias, obsessions and compulsions, post-traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder and generalised anxiety disorder. She has over 40 publications, books, papers in academic journals and also in more popular psychology arenas.
- Author(s)Jennifer J. Ashcroft
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight188 g
- Width195 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.