All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile there are many excellent texts addressing cognitive impairment and behavioural difficulties and on rehabilitation associated with traumatic brain injury, few textbooks specifically address the most common emotional problems that can have such an adverse effect on rehabilitation and outcome. Uniquely this book deals exclusively with the identification and psychotherapeutic management of mood and anxiety disorders after traumatic brain injury. Furthermore, a systematic approach to identifying and diagsing anxiety and mood disorders is followed throughout the text.As well as providing an introduction to anxiety and mood disorders after traumatic brain injury, it provides a psychological perspective on their evolution and management. It is aimed at a range of professionals in training (or those responsible for providing training in psychopathology, neuropsychology and psychotherapy), as well as those who may have an interest in working with the type of patients with anxiety or depression, commonly seen in post-acute brain injury rehabilitation settings. Case studies, summaries and suggested references for further reading are used throughout to facilitate understanding and teaching where relevant.
- Author BiographyDr Rudi Coetzer is with the North Wales Brain Injury Service, Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board NHS Wales, where he works full-time as a consultant neuropsychologist. He is an honorary senior lecturer in the School of Psychology, Bangor University.
- Author(s)Rudi Coetzer
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleThe Brain Injuries Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight408 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.