All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnxiety is the most prevalent psychiatric problem of our time. Decades of research have gone into probing its mysteries and developing treatments. But what if we've been thinking about fear and anxiety in the wrong way for all these years? This is the groundbreaking premise behind a wave of new research, led by the lab of rewned neuroscientist Joseph LeDoux. He believes that fear and anxiety are t innate states, simply waiting to be unleashed in the brain. Rather they are assembled experiences, and that has huge implications for patients. By mapping brain circuits, LeDoux explains the origins of anxiety disorders and reveals discoveries that can restore sufferers to rmality. As impressive as it is timely, Anxious is a comprehensive survey of cutting-edge research revolutionising the way we treat our most pressing mental health issue.
- Author BiographyJoseph LeDoux is a professor of psychology at New York University, where he directs the Emotional Brain Institute. He has won a number of top awards and prizes in the fields of psychology, cognitive science, and philosophy. LeDoux is also the frontman for a rock band, The Amygdaloids.
- Author(s)Joseph E. LeDoux
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication20/08/2015
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Width146 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.