Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionMy thesis, Leonard Read informs us in this remarkable book, in simplest terms, is: Let anyone do anything he pleases, so long as it is peaceful; the role of government, then, is to keep the peace. Just so. This book is a classic, compelling statement of the political philosophy of libertarianism and statement of the guiding principles of the Foundation for Ecomic Education.
- Author BiographyLeonard E. Read (1898-1983) established the Foundation for Economic Education in 1946 and served as its president for the rest of his life. Author of 29 books and hundreds of articles-including the classic I, Pencil -Read's life is a testament to the power of freedom. Raised on a Michigan farm, he became an entrepreneur and, eventually, General Manager of the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce. His commitment to truth and to the principles of liberty led him to found FEE with the aim of encouraging free-market scholarship and of making this work widely accessible.
- Author(s)Leonard E Read
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.