Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.88Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn 20 July 1969, US astronaut Neil Armstrong became the first man to walk on the moon. This is the story of the Apollo 11 mission and the 'space hardware' that made it all possible. This manual looks at the evolution and design of the mighty Saturn V rocket, the Command and Service Modules, and the Lunar Module. It describes the space suits worn by the crew and their special life support systems. We learn about how the Apollo 11 mission was flown - from launch procedures to 'flying' the Saturn V and the 'LEM', and from moon walking to the earth re-entry procedure.
- Author BiographyDr Christopher Riley is a broadcaster and film-maker specialising in history and science documentaries. In 2004 he won the Sir Arthur Clarke award for the BBC1 blockbuster series Space Odyssey: Voyage to the Planets. His latest film In the Shadow of the Moon: The Story of the Apollo Astronauts, won the World Cinema Audience Award in 2007.
- Author(s)Chris Riley,Phil Dolling
- PublisherHaynes Publishing Group
- Date of Publication21/02/2009
- SubjectAircraft & Spacecraft: General Interest
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ H Haynes & Co Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight816 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine17 mm
Most relevant reviews
- scorpion.inc19 Oct, 2011by
The technical guide to Apollo.
I am not sure this book can really be called a Workshop Manual, but it is an excellent historical reference book. It will not tell you how to disassemble and service anything, but rather gives a technical overview of the major components that went into making Apollo fly. Taken for what it is, it's a book well worth having.
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07