All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.32Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $25.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe writer, Nina Valdes, originally used this alias to present the book. It is a dark autobiographical story that graphically depicts the life of a young woman raised in a single-parent, extremely religious environment, against which she rebels at an early age. She illustrates her and her siblings' dysfunctional relationship with an abusive mother who blames their birth for the loss of her career as a successful entertainer. It vividly examines the secret world of ongoing sexual abuse by family members and the inability of adult protectors to face the situation and act in defence of the children. Inevitably, this leads to extreme psychological damage. It is a stark revelation of the author's own personal vulnerabilities, which feed into a series of questionable relationships with men she perceives as saviours; until her life-changing encounter with a married man whom she believes to be her soul mate. When this ends tragically, she marries a young military man whom she feels will offer security and protection to her and her two children. In reality, what she does is open the door and expose them to a sociopathic predator.
- Author BiographyLisa Moreno is the pseudonym of Nina Valdes, an American journalist who spends most of her time in Europe. She was forced to wait five years before she could physically put these words on paper.
- Author(s)Lisa Moreno
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.