Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough research on carcigenesis has focused more on cellular proliferation than on cell death, yet understanding the mechanism of apoptosis may have important implications for cancer therapy. This book brings together experts from around the world who will discuss the common cancers encountered in clinical practice in the laboratory setting. During the induction of these common cancers, the role of apoptosis in cellular and molecular changes is emphasized, critically highlighting possible anti-cancer strategies. For those who are interested in carcigenesis and for those who are seeking new approaches to anti-cancer therapy, this book is an important reference. It serves t only as a reference of the current understanding of apoptosis in common cancers but also an important bridge between the laboratory and clinical practice. The editors and contributors are to be congratulated in bringing together an important pool of up-to-date kwledge to light and further our interest in this exciting and expanding ?eld. Arthur K. C. Li Emeritus Professor of Surgery The Chinese University of Hong Kong v Preface The role of apoptosis in cancer development and emerging treatment strategies has rapidly expanded over the past few years. The vel discovery in the apoptotic pa- ways and their relevant molecules provides us t only the kwledge how tumors develop but also the opportunity to design new therapeutic tools to prevent or inhibit the growth of tumors with minimal side-effects. Undoubtedly, understanding the events involved at a molecular level can permit the manipulation of apoptosis for therapeutic purposes.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication13/03/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight846 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byGeorge G. Chen,Paul B. S. Lai
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.