All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis book helps graduate students and seasoned researchers strengthen their own case study research and become more critical consumers of the case study research done by others. It presents a collection of 21 individual applications of the case study method, many shortened or re-written for this book. Following feedback from users of earlier editions of the book, the applications include a wide array of single-case studies, providing useful examples for solo researchers. New to This Edition: - Expanded from 10 to 15 chapters, and from 16 to 21 case study applications, the book provides many more examples of the case study method - Contains six entirely new chapters, all emphasizing single-case and simpler applications, and including an introductory chapter which serves as a refresher on the case study method - Provides a new feature called inside stories, which are linked to suggested classroom exercises - Includes an expanded section of the book on case study evaluations, including an new chapter on the principles of case study evaluations along with a specific and new application.
- Author BiographyRobert K. Yin is President of COSMOS Corporation, an applied research and social science firm. Over the years, COSMOS has successfully completed hundreds of projects for federal agencies, state and local agencies, and private foundations. Outside of COSMOS, Dr. Yin has assisted numerous other research groups, helping to train their field teams or to design research studies. The most recent such engagements have been with The World Bank, the Division of Special Education and disAbility Research at George Mason University, the Department of Nursing Research and Quality Outcomes at the Children's National Health System (Washington, DC), and the School of Education, Southern New Hampshire University. Dr. Yin has authored over 100 publications, including authoring or editing 11 books (not counting the multiple editions of any given book). Earlier editions of the present book have been translated into eight languages (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Swedish, Romanian, Italian, Polish, and Portuguese), and a second book on Qualitative Research from Start to Finish (2016) is in its 2nd edition and has been translated into four languages (Chinese, Korean, Swedish, and Portuguese). Dr. Yin received his B.A. in history from Harvard College (magna cum laude) and his Ph.D. in brain and cognitive sciences from MIT.
- Author(s)Dr. Robert K. Yin
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication10/08/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.