All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionThe majority of all kwledge concerning atoms, molecules, and solids has been derived from applications of group theory. Taking a unique, applications-oriented approach, this book gives readers the tools needed to analyze any atomic, molecular, or crystalline solid system. Using a clearly defined, eight-step program, this book helps readers to understand the power of group theory, what information can be obtained from it, and how to obtain it. The book takes in modern topics, such as graphene, carbon natubes and isotopic frequencies of molecules, as well as more traditional subjects: the vibrational and electronic states of molecules and solids, crystal field and ligand field theory, transition metal complexes, space groups, time reversal symmetry, and magnetic groups. With over 100 end-of-chapter exercises, this book is invaluable for graduate students and researchers in physics, chemistry, electrical engineering and materials science.
- Author BiographyThomas Wolfram is a former Chairman and Professor of the Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Missouri, Columbia. He has founded a science and technology laboratory for a major company and started a company that manufactured diode-pumped, fiber-optic transmitters and amplifiers. Sinasi Ellialtioglu is a Professor and Director of Basic Sciences at TED University, Ankara, Turkey. He has served as the National Administrator of NATO Science Fellowships and chaired the Department of Physics at Middle East Technical University, Turkey.
- Author(s)Sinasi Ellialtioglu,Thomas Wolfram
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication09/01/2014
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note110 b/w illus. 135 exercises
- Weight1000 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.