All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany remarkable medical techlogies, diagstic tools, and treatment methods have emerged as a result of modern physics discoveries in the last century--including X-rays, radiation treatment, laser surgery, high-resolution ultrasound scans, computerized tomography (CT) scans, and magnetic resonance imaging. This undergraduate-level textbook describes the fundamental physical principles underlying these techlogical advances, emphasizing their applications to the practice of modern medicine. Intended for science and engineering students with one year of introductory physics background, this textbook presents the medical applications of fundamental principles of physics to students who are considering careers in medical physics, biophysics, medicine, or nuclear engineering. It also serves as an excellent reference for advanced students, as well as medical and health researchers, practitioners, and technicians who are interested in developing the background required to understand the changing landscape of medical science. Practice exercises are included and solutions are available separately in an instructor's manual. * Complete discussion of the fundamental physical principles underlying modern medicine* Accessible exploration of the physics encountered in a typical visit to a doctor* Practice exercises are included and solutions are provided in a separate instructor's manual (available to professors)* A companion website (modernphysicsinmedicine.com) presents supplementary materials
- Author BiographyMark Strikman is Distinguished Professor of Physics at Pennsylvania State University. Kevork Spartalian is Associate Professor of Physics at the University of Vermont. Milton W. Cole is Distinguished Professor of Physics at Pennsylvania State University.
- Author(s)Kevork Spartalian,Mark Strikman,Milton W. Cole
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication16/01/2015
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note101 line illus. 4 tables.
- Weight799 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.