Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $690.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $43.60Trending at AU $86.60
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis text for the one- or two-semester applied or business calculus course uses intriguing real-world applications to engage students' interest and show them the practical side of calculus. Many applications are financial or business related, but many applications in this text cover general-interest topics as well, including the growing population of Africa, the composition of the Supreme Court, water shortage, the fastest pitch in baseball, and pollution and the depletion of natural resources. The Fourth Edition maintains the hallmark features that have made Applied Calculus so popular: contemporary and interesting applications; careful and effective use of techlogy, including integrated calculator coverage that is optional; constant pedagogical reinforcement through section summaries, chapter summaries, carefully antated examples, and extra practice problems; and a variety of exercises and assignment options including exercise sets, projects, and essays.
- Author BiographyDr. Berresford received his Ph.D. from the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences at New York University and taught at the State University of New York at Purchase before joining the faculty at the C.W. Post campus of Long Island University. Besides co-authoring four textbooks with Dr. Rockett, he has published papers in differential equations, linear programming, logic, and probability, and has received several teaching awards and the Distinguished Service Award from The Metropolitan New York Section of the Mathematical Association of America. After completing his Ph.D. at Stony Brook University, Dr. Rockett joined the mathematics faculty at C.W. Post and began his collaborations with Dr. Berresford. His book with Peter Szusz on CONTINUED FRACTIONS (1992) was hailed by Ivan Niven as an outstanding addition to the literature of mathematics, and he served the Kappa Mu Epsilon mathematics honor society as editor of the mathematics journal The Pentagon from 1989 to 1995. Dr. Rockett serves as a reviewer for several journals, including Mathematical Reviews for the American Mathematical Society.
- Author(s)Andrew Rockett,Geoffrey C. Berresford
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication02/03/2006
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoughton Mifflin
- Content Note4 colour illustrations
- Weight1793 g
- Width208 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.