All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the world's most rewned security techlogist, Bruce Schneier, this 20th Anniversary Edition is the most definitive reference on cryptography ever published and is the seminal work on cryptography. Cryptographic techniques have applications far beyond the obvious uses of encoding and decoding information. For developers who need to kw about capabilities, such as digital signatures, that depend on cryptographic techniques, there's better overview than Applied Cryptography, the definitive book on the subject. Bruce Schneier covers general classes of cryptographic protocols and then specific techniques, detailing the inner workings of real-world cryptographic algorithms including the Data Encryption Standard and RSA public-key cryptosystems. The book includes source-code listings and extensive advice on the practical aspects of cryptography implementation, such as the importance of generating truly random numbers and of keeping keys secure. ...the best introduction to cryptography I've ever seen...The book the National Security Agency wanted never to be published... -Wired Magazine ...monumental ...fascinating ...comprehensive ...the definitive work on cryptography for computer programmers . .. -Dr. Dobb's Journal ...easily ranks as one of the most authoritative in its field. -PC Magazine The book details how programmers and electronic communications professionals can use cryptography-the technique of enciphering and deciphering messages-to maintain the privacy of computer data. It describes dozens of cryptography algorithms, gives practical advice on how to implement them into cryptographic software, and shows how they can be used to solve security problems. The book shows programmers who design computer applications, networks, and storage systems how they can build security into their software and systems. With a new Introduction by the author, this premium edition will be a keepsake for all those committed to computer and cyber security.
- Author BiographyBruce Schneier is an internationally renowned security technologist, called a security guru by The Economist. He is the author of twelve books including his seminal work, Applied Cryptography: Protocols, Algorithms, and Source Code in C, and Secrets & Lies: Digital Security in a Networked World as well as hundreds of articles, essays, and academic papers. His influential newsletter Crypto-Gram and blog Schneier on Security are read by over 250,000 people. Schneier is a fellow at the Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard Law School, a program fellow at the New America Foundation's Open Technology Institute, a board member of the Electronic Frontier Foundation, and an Advisory Board member of the Electronic Privacy Information Center. He is also the Chief Technology Officer of Resilient Systems, Inc. You can read his blog, essays, andacademic papers at www.schneier.com. He tweets at @schneierblog.
- Author(s)Bruce Schneier
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication15/05/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight1472 g
- Width191 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edition Statement20th Anniversary edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.