All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis graduate-level text aims to introduce students of the natural sciences to the powerful technique of factor analysis and to provide them with the background necessary to be able to undertake analyses on their own. A thoroughly updated and expanded version of the authors' successful textbook on geological factor analysis, this book draws on examples from botany, zoology, ecology, and oceagraphy, as well as geology. Applied multivariate statistics has grown into a research area of almost unlimited potential in the natural sciences. The methods introduced in this book, such as classical principal components, principal component factor analysis, principal coordinate analysis, and correspondence analysis, can reduce masses of data to manageable and interpretable form. Q-mode and Q-R-mode methods are also presented. Special attention is given to methods of robust estimation and the identification of atypical and influential observations. Throughout the book, the emphasis is on application rather than theory.
- Author(s)K. G. Jvreskog,R. A. Reyment
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/09/1996
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note67 b/w illus.
- Weight560 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.