All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaking effective decisions in the behavioral health professions requires an understanding of essential legal principles governing practice. The technical manner in which these principles are often presented in law treatises makes it difficult for the decision maker to prioritize and apply them in a practical manner. Applied Law in the Behavioral Health Professions addresses this significant problem by presenting social workers, counselors, psychologists, and students with an understandable and efficient strategy for applying the law in daily practice. Through the book's multidisciplinary approach, practitioners are assured of making informed, thorough, and sensitive professional choices. The decision making framework introduced stresses a ranked consideration of fundamental legal, ethical, cultural, and regional factors that influence practice. The usefulness of the framework in addressing diversity issues in behavioral health is highlighted using examples focusing on the Hispanic and Native American populations of New Mexico and the southwestern United States.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Andrew B. Israel received his J.D. from Syracuse University College of Law where he served as lead articles editor of the Syracuse Law Review. He is Assistant Professor at New Mexico Highlands University School of Social Work and chairs the school's sequence in community and administrative practice. Professor Israel is a past director of the State Bar of New Mexico Section on Public Law.
- Author(s)Andrew B. Israel
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2002
- SubjectLaw for the Layman
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight420 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.37Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.