Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe theme of this volume, a selection of papers from the 2003 conference of the British Association of Applied Linguistics, celebrates the productive interface between Applied Linguistics research and other disciplinary ways of kwing, forms of professional practice and issues of public concern. In the last two decades, the scope of applied linguistic research has broadened considerably to encompass a wider range of topics, issues and settings, drawing on rich and diverse methodologies. Topics covered in this collection illustrate this diversity, including conversational analytic perspectives on computer mediated communication, academic literacies, the sociolinguistics of English in Africa, L1/L2 writing, classroom discourse analysis, the psycholinguistics of second and foreign language acquisition, phological awareness in second language learning. The contributions, all based on empirical research, address issues of language learning and use in a range of languages: Chinese, English, Italian, German, Greek, Japanese, Spanish.
- Author BiographyMike Baynham is Professor of TESOL at the University of Leeds. He is the author of Literacy Practices (Longman, 1995) and a contributor to numerous recent edited volumes on literacy practices and academic writing. Alice Deignan is Senior Lecturer in TESOL at the University of Leeds. She is the author of Cobuild Guides to English 7: Metaphor (HarperCollins, 1995) and a contributor to numerous recent edited volumes on metaphor. Goodith White is a Lecturer in TESOL at the University of Leeds. She is the author of Listening (Oxford University Press, 1997) which was the winner of the Frank Bell prize in 1999.
- PublisherEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2004
- Series TitleBritish Studies in Applied Linguistics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 19
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Edited byAlice Deignan,Goodith White,Michael Baynham
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.