All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a growing theoretical and practical interest in the topic of metacognition; how we monitor and control our mental processes. Applied Metacognition provides a coherent and up-to-date overview of the relation between theories in metacognition and their application in real-world situations. As well as a theoretical overview, there are substantive chapters covering metacognition in three areas of application: metacognition in education, metacognition in everyday life memory and metacognition in different populations. A diverse range of topics are covered such as how we judge our own learning, why we create false beliefs about our past, how children learn to monitor and control their memory, how well eyewitnesses can judge the accuracy of their own memories and how memory judgements change across the lifespan. The book has contributions from many of the leading researchers in metacognition from around the world.
- Author BiographyTim Perfect is Professor of Psychology at the University of Plymouth Bennett Schwartz is Professor of Psychology at Florida International University, Miami.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/11/2002
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note7 tables
- Weight492 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byBennett L. Schwartz,Timothy J. Perfect
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.