Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
About this product
- DescriptionApplied Music Fundamentals: Writing, Singing, and Listening provides an engaging and interactive introduction to the fundamentals of music theory. A wealth of skills-based exercises and memorization strategies-both in the text and online-build mastery and fluency through varied repetition and offer students the opportunity to apply musical abilities and concepts. Through familiar examples and by placing the analysis and creation of music in a real-world context, Applied Music Fundamentals moves readers beyond mere rote memorization toward a thorough and more intuitive understanding of the key concepts that music theory students must kw. Distinctive features* Keyboard, Singing, and Hearing Exercises reinforce the crucial connection between sound and tation* Informed Listening examples challenge students to analyze repertoire by ear in order to foster real-time musical understanding* Short, portable Drills to Go help to reinforce skills and content outside of the classroom* Composition exercises and Challenge examples give students the opportunity to think beyond the foundations introduced in each chapter and apply their acquired musical skills in a creative and personal way . Marginal icons direct students to interactive musical examples on the book's website (www.oup.com/us/root), underscoring how listening helps them understand musical concepts Instructors: Help your students practice and master basic music theory skills with Oxford's online Music Theory Skill Builder. Specially priced packages are available for this text. Contact your Oxford University Press representative for more information.
- Author BiographyJena Root is Associate Professor and Music Theory Coordinator for the Dana School of Music at Youngstown State University. She has also taught at St. Olaf College, Syracuse University, the National University of Singapore, and Shenandoah Conservatory.
- Author(s)Associate Professor Music Theory Coordinator Jena Root
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication20/09/2013
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1157 g
- Width234 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.