All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you think you kw what positive psychology is, think again! This book offers a new integrative vision for making life better that takes in the body and the brain, culture and society, childhood and development...A must read for students. - Stephen Joseph, University of Nottingham Captures the best of the positive psychology initiative, and most importantly, translates it to practice. The authors bring remarkable depth and breadth to the subject matter and do so in a way that is fresh, engaging, relevant, and unusually thoughtful. - Carol Ryff, University of Wisconsin-Madison If you want to understand what positive psychology really is, learn how it works in practice and discover its huge potential to transform our lives and our world then look further than this superb book. I really can't recommend it highly eugh. - Mark Williamson, Director of Action for Happiness This exciting new textbook, written by leading academics in the UK, offers the very first authored title on applied positive psychology for university courses. Consisting of the latest cutting-edge theory and research in the subject and structured around a pioneering multidimensional model of wellbeing, this book will provide you with the kwledge and tools to apply positive psychology in many areas of life. These include interventions aimed at developing mental and physical functioning, to recommendations for enhancing relationships and reshaping organisational structures. The book shows how these practices can be successfully deployed in diverse real-world settings, from the classroom to the workplace. Key features include: *Learning objectives set out at the start of each chapter *Practice essay questions throughout and quizzes to test your kwledge at the end of each chapter *Useful measurement tools and recommendations for research *Summary boxes and suggested further reading and resources *Case studies and 'Reflection' boxes that invite you to explore topics in greater depth and relate findings to your everyday life. This book will be essential reading for all students with an interest in or studying a course in applied positive psychology, and is strongly recommended to students taking a wider course in positive psychology and the psychology of happiness and wellbeing.
- Author BiographyDr Tim Lomas is a lecturer and module leader on the MSc in Applied Positive Psychology at the University of East London. Tim undertook an MA (Hons) and an MSc in psychology at the University of Edinburgh, and completed his PhD at the University of Westminster in 2012. He has published numerous papers on meditation, Buddhism, and masculinity. His first academic book, entitled 'Masculinity, Meditation and Mental Health,' was published by Palgrave MacMillan in Spring 2014. Dr. Kate Hefferon is a Chartered Research Psychologist, Senior Lecturer and Programme Leader of the Msc in Applied Positive Psychology at the University of East London. She is the author of several peer-reviewed papers, books and book chapters and has presented at conferences nationally and internationally on positive psychology. Her research interests include posttraumatic growth, resilience, physical activity and embodiment. Dr Itai Ivtzan is a chartered psychologist and holds a position as a Full-Time Positive Psychology Senior Lecturer in UEL (University East London) as part of the MAPP (Masters in Applied Positive Psychology) programme. In addition, he is the Programme Leader for the MAPP distance learning programme. Itai is also an Honorary Senior Research Associate in UCL. He published many peer-reviewed journal papers and book chapters and his main areas of research are spirituality, mindfulness, meaning, and self-actualisation.
- Author(s)Itai Ivtzan,Kate Hefferon,Tim Lomas
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication23/09/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.